Information We Collect About You
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name and email address, license number and course(s) you have taken in order to create your CEU certificate(s). In addition, we also keep this information to help recommend courses or products you may be interested in. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
• Cookies. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website. You may also clear or delete existing cookies from standard internet browsers.
• Other Information we collect. We also collect other information automatically to improve the Site and deliver targeted advertising. Examples include pixels and web beacons about your use of the Site, including device identifying information such as IP addresses, MAC address or other device-specific alphanumerical ID numbers, the make and model of your device, your wireless provider, whether you downloaded the App, the source of the download of the App, when the App is launched, how often a particular page within the Site is visited, which features the users interact with, and your device or computer’s connection to the Internet. If you choose to connect to the Site through a social network such as Facebook, we may automatically collect your profile information. These things allow us, among other things, to improve the delivery of our web pages to you and to measure traffic on the Site.
Accuracy and Retention of Data
To keep your data accurate and up-to-date, you are responsible to provide accurate, current and complete information during the registration process and keep your account information updated at all times. When you register an account with us, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as necessary in order to provide our services to you and to comply with our legal, regulatory, tax, accounting obligations. When you sign up for our e-newsletter, we will retain the information you provided us for as long as you remain subscribed.
How We Use the Information We Collect
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
• deliver the products and services that you have requested;
• manage your account and provide you with customer support;
• perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
• communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our CEU Boards companies or other third parties;
• develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
• enforce our terms and conditions;
• manage our business and
• perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Sharing Your Personal Information
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. Access to your account requires you to log in using a username and password combination. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email.
How You Can Protect Your Information
If you are using a shared computer or your computer in a public place, we strongly suggest you to log out and close your browser after you finish your user session to prevent others from accessing your Personal information. You should maintain the confidentiality and security of your username and password, and all activities that occurs under your account. You are solely responsible to immediately notify us if you know or have any reason to suspect that your credentials and/or Personal information have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised, or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your account.
We use a third party credit card processing company, Stripe, or PayPal for processing all monetary transaction and will charge under our main company’s name “CEU BOARDS”.
Our website is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from a child under 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of 13 as part of the Site, we will delete such information from our records.
How to Contact Us
If you would like to contact us for any questions or complaints regarding our privacy practices, please email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
For example, when you sign in to our website, we will record your user and the name on your user or member account in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content and advertising.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website.